Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Balance

When I read something like this:


http://higherupandfurtherin.blogspot.com/2013/01/group-studies-being-educated-on-things.html?m=1


I am so thankful that I homeschool. We can get so focused on pragmatics that we lose sight that we are moulding souls. People are not just producers; they are thinking, feeling, creating beings.


Take time for all extra-curricular. I don't mean playing video games & watching movies, though those can have a small place in your life. I mean the things which add depth & texture to life; music, art, literature, handicrafts (knitting, woodworking), exercise, nature & animals. And remember, you are raising children, not producers.

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments subject to moderation. Please keep all comments respectful, modest, and tasteful.