Thursday, September 1, 2011

A woman's burden...

One of the most edifying and challenging thing I have heard or read on being a woman; wife and mother.  I'm reposting this for all of you as I sit here crying.

Women stand in a very weird place spiritually that is very hard for them to embrace. There is very little worldly reward for a woman's religion as opposed to a man's. Women require a greater degree of humility than men do because God has subjected women in more things than men. That's why in Genesis, God said,

"To the woman also he said: I will multiply thy sorrows, and thy conceptions: in sorrow shalt thou bring forth children, and thou shalt be under thy husband's power, and he shall have dominion over thee." (Genesis 3:16)


Have you ladies ever really sat and meditated on that passage? That explains EVERYTHING. It really does. Women have a hard penance to bear for Eve's sin and what we see in all of the modern mess is an attempt to (wrongly) get out from under it. Eve's original sin was worse than Adam's (St. Paul said so) and I would grant the fact that women have a heavier spiritual burden to bear.
--William Michael, director, CLAA

I do not expect that I will be a saint someday, but God willing, I will raise saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments subject to moderation. Please keep all comments respectful, modest, and tasteful.