Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Vocation to Holiness through Motherhood

My friend Caroline, over at Catholic Sunshine http://caroline-catholicsunshine.blogspot.com/ had this to say today:

"Earlier today I changed my 10 month old's diaper, dressed him in some clean clothes and nursed him. What a beautiful thing it is to have a baby for whom to care. I was thinking of Mother Teresa and her serving Christ in those to whom she ministered. "What so ever you do for these, the least of my children, that you do unto Me." Mother Teresa would repeat these words to herself as she cared for the poorest of the poor. In simply caring for my little baby, I have accomplished a lot on this day, and in so doing, I have cared for Jesus Himself! May Mother Teresa pray for my vocation of Motherhood, and for all Mothers, that we may be holy, gentle, and loving women to our husbands, children, and neighbors. God Bless and Take Care."


This perfectly sums up my view of my vocation as a mother.


1 comment:

  1. I changed the name of my blog to "What's On My Sleeve" as I am no longer Catholic. I thought about what you said, that I am resentful and that all of my other talk is just flowery and fake and just to cover up a resentful heart, or something to that effect, and you are right and so that helped me to see that I am only sinning by being Catholic and so I left the Church about two weeks ago and changed the name of my blog.

    ReplyDelete

All comments subject to moderation. Please keep all comments respectful, modest, and tasteful.