Wednesday, April 11, 2012

How do we treat those we love?


I spent a lot of time yesterday thinking about how the people I love treat me and whether or not I properly reciprocate their gentle charity and affection. How often do I criticize those I love? Do I let my loved ones know how much I love and appreciate them? I know that my husband, children, and some other dear ones are always ready with an encouraging word or warm smile. Am I ready to do the same? When we let negativity control our relationships, we can often "get our way" in the short term. But when we let patience, love, and devotion guide our actions, we motivate our loved ones to become the people we know that they can be, because they are secure in our love and see themselves with our loving eyes.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen!

    I've missed you since I took my leave from FB. Your words are always so encouraging and beautiful--but that is what truth is, huh! I love this post and need to convict myself of my failings in these same ways. God Bless you and thanks for blogging! Keep walking with Him and being a light in the darkness. Prayers, caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Caroline! Yes! It is so nice to hear from you!

    Please post your blog in a comment if you are still writing it. I would love to read it.

    Blessings,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I just clicked on you from the right and found it! Yay!

    http://caroline-catholicsunshine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All comments subject to moderation. Please keep all comments respectful, modest, and tasteful.