Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Daily Mass

I used to go to Mass daily, solo. It was a wonderful time of spiritual growth. Then I discerned that my kids needed to go. Another time of growth, but different. Now I see that I must leave God at the altar to find Him in my duties, as St Frances of Rome says. I think my time at Daily Mass was so beautiful, but now I offer my aching and longing as a gift. As a friend reminded me recently: 1 Samuel
15:22 "And Samuel said: Doth the Lord desire holocausts and victims, and not rather that the voice of the Lord should be obeyed? For obedience is better than sacrifices: and to hearken rather than to offer the fat or rams."



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments subject to moderation. Please keep all comments respectful, modest, and tasteful.